onsdag 27. november 2013

Death Elf - Skull Staff

I used mostly the same techniques as before (wood elf and Kraken staff) when making this staff. But it is fun to see the process, so here it is: My Skull staff (I need a better name).

Start of with... surprise surprise.. a card board roll, the core of a paper table cloth roll. 

Then I bought several fake skulls at a novelty shop, one for the staff and two for the pauldrons. Attached with hot glue. 



And then the head was blended in with paper mache (glue and newspaper).

Then I made a plaster cast of a small skull and made replicas for the top of the staff out of paper clay. 








First painted white and then weathered with light brown. 

Meanwhile on the other end ;)

On the end of the staff I added a plastic ball and made a claw out of paper clay. 



Paint and feathers

Other details were added using only hot glue gun.
Since this is a magical staff I wanted to use Norse Runes as the source of magic (and I chose Elder Futhark version, since they origin from Scandinavia) 

It says Chrix Design

Spine inspired details along the back. 

Then I added a colored satin ribbon and feathers. And spattered it all with "blood" - watered out acrylic paint.


Ready for quest
Photo by Artano Photography

Chrix Design

4 kommentarer:

  1. Woah, that's so fucking epic!!
    I love how clear your progress pictures are by the way.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much. And it's good to know that you find my tutorials easy to follow. The walk through for the rest of the armor is almost done, just need a few more photos :)

      Slett